Mayhem as traffic lights go out in Tooting High Street
Broken traffic lights caused lunchtime travel chaos in Tooting.
All of the traffic signals went out on Tooting High Street, at the junction of Mitcham Road, shortly before 1pm.
Transport for London (TfL) tweeted: "The traffic signals are all out on A24 Tooting High Street where it meets Mitcham Road, approach with care."
The road has been affected by traffic since the lights went out, much to the frustration of drivers.
Katja Leyendecker wrote on Twitter: "What an effing dogs dinner London makes of its transport system. Seems to have a hard time reducing car use."
- Blues man brings his sounds from Louisiana to the Half Moon, Putney
- John Simpson honoured as thousands graduate from Roehampton University
- Teens arrested for riding stolen mopeds in Battersea
- Residents throw bottles and attack police chasing wanted man
- Fire fighter's warning after lamp scorches wall
Comments are closed on this article.