Dame Jacqueline Wilson appointed new Chancellor of Roehampton University
Award-winning children’s author Dame Jacqueline Wilson has been appointed the new Chancellor of the University of Roehampton.
Dame Jacqueline, 68, who is currently Pro-Chancellor at the University, will take over from current Chancellor, John Simpson on August 2014.
Paul O’ Prey, Vice Chancellor of the University, said: "Dame Jacqueline is a fantastic advocate for the University and brings an infectious enthusiasm and passion that the students and staff all appreciate.
"I am delighted that she has agreed to be our new Chancellor."
Dame Jacqueline said, "I have always felt a great attachment to the University of Roehampton.
"It manages to combine a genuine warmth and friendliness with immense creative achievement and academic excellence."
Dame Jacqueline also teaches on the Children’s Literature and the Creative Writing Master’s degrees offered by the University.
Her books have sold over 35m copies in the UK and have been translated into more than 30 languages.
- Romany saved after owner agrees community sale
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- PICTURES: Battersea's York Road Estate unites for afternoon party
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
- PICTURES: Sumo wrestlers bounce around Battersea Park
Comments are closed on this article.