Balham Rotary Club celebrates a year of charity work
The Balham Rotary Club recently held its annual event, which celebrated its charity work over the past year.
Around 25 people attended the dinner, including local business leaders and the Mayor of Wandsworth Councillor Angela Graham.
Those who attended enjoyed a three course dinner, before Coun Graham delivered a speech at ‘The Exhibit’ in Balham on April 8.
During the past year the club collected funds to then purchase and hand out 140 illustrated dictionaries to three Balham primary schools.
They have sent a further 200 of the books to schools in Uganda, and they also support the End Polio campaign.
Rajan Amin, the club’s treasurer, said: "The club was happy to host the Mayor of Wandsworth.
"We donated £200 to her charity, which is something we do every year."
- Woman fined £250 after her dog killed beloved Yorkshire Terrier
- 40-year-old man arrested after Clapham BBQ stabbing
- Woman sexually assaulted next to Battersea Park
- Serious case review launched after 4-year-old child sustains serious injuries
- Woman in serious condition after man stabbed her multiple times in Clapham
Comments are closed on this article.