The Balham Rotary Club recently held its annual event, which celebrated its charity work over the past year.
Around 25 people attended the dinner, including local business leaders and the Mayor of Wandsworth Councillor Angela Graham.
Those who attended enjoyed a three course dinner, before Coun Graham delivered a speech at ‘The Exhibit’ in Balham on April 8.
During the past year the club collected funds to then purchase and hand out 140 illustrated dictionaries to three Balham primary schools.
They have sent a further 200 of the books to schools in Uganda, and they also support the End Polio campaign.
Rajan Amin, the club’s treasurer, said: "The club was happy to host the Mayor of Wandsworth.
"We donated £200 to her charity, which is something we do every year."
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities
- Council rejects large and ‘garish’ advertising hoarding in Clapham Junction
- South London's first Jewish primary school granted planning permission
- Garratt Park School for special needed children rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice