Travellers have reported being told to evacuate Clapham Junction station in the last half an hour.
The alarm was raised at the station, with a loud siren sounding, but was soon called off after it emerged it was a false alarm.
A spokeswoman for South West Trains said: "It appears that there is a small technical fault with one of the alarms on a platform.
"It is being rectified as we speak. No-one has been evacuated from the station at all."
- South London's first Jewish primary school granted planning permission
- Police stop unauthorised 'large-scale event' on Tooting Common
- Garratt Park School for special needed children rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice
- Rockers raring to shake things up in Putney