Evacuation at Clapham Junction called off as false alarm
Travellers have reported being told to evacuate Clapham Junction station in the last half an hour.
The alarm was raised at the station, with a loud siren sounding, but was soon called off after it emerged it was a false alarm.
A spokeswoman for South West Trains said: "It appears that there is a small technical fault with one of the alarms on a platform.
"It is being rectified as we speak. No-one has been evacuated from the station at all."
- St George's University paramedic raped woman after pretending to be gay
- Man who raped and attempted to murder pensioner 'dies after prison suicide'
- 772km running challenge in memory of boy who died after falling onto spinning propeller
- Royal Mail First World War stamps go on display in Battersea Library
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
Comments are closed on this article.