Name: Boris Johnson
London is a wonderful city and despite some tough times, there are signs of progress resulting from a fresh and honest approach at City Hall. This has delivered the world's most successful bike hire scheme and a council tax freeze every year saving the average household £445.
I have kept my promises, bringing in a 24-hour freedom pass for older Londoners, putting Oyster on the overground, planting 10,000 street trees.
We have put 1000 more police on the street, and found the funding to keep police numbers high - cutting crime by more than 10 per cent. The murder rate is down by a quarter, crime on buses by over a third. We have increased investment in our creaking transport infrastructure, and cut tube delays by 40 per cent.
My determination to end waste and mismanagement at City Hall has freed up the money to pay for a strong plan for our future. We can't put this at risk.
I want to continue to cut crime, invest in local high streets, get the best from the Olympics and stimulate the growth needed to get young people into work.
My 9 point plan for a Greater London
- Cutting waste at City Hall - freeing up £3.5 billion for services.
- Putting £445 back in your pocket by freezing the Mayoral share of council tax.
- Creating 200,000 new jobs over the next four years.
- Making our streets and homes safer with 1,000 more police on the beat.
- Restoring 300 acres of green space and planting 20,000 street trees.
- Investing £221 million to transform local high streets, supporting small businesses.
- Ensuring a true Olympic legacy - 11,000 new homes and 10,000 new jobs.
- Reducing Tube delays 30% by 2015. Building Crossrail and orbital rail to link our suburbs.
- Extending the Bike Hire scheme.
- Securing a better deal for London from No 10.