Alfresco Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Dressing .
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: Warming time only.
Ingredients: 375g/12oz cooked, sliced roast beef.
4 large wholemeal tortilla or Mediterranean wraps.
50g/2oz watercress or pea shoot leaves.
1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
8 small cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped.
10ml/2tsp fresh thyme leaves.
For the Horseradish Dressing: 75ml/5tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt.
10ml/2tsp prepared horseradish sauce.
Salt and freshly milled black pepper.
Method: 1. To prepare the horseradish dressing; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, season and refrigerate until required.
2. Heat the tortillas or wraps in a moderate oven or wrap in foil and place on a prepared warm barbecue for 2-3minutes.
3. Spread the dressing evenly over the surface of each tortilla or wrap; add the watercress or pea shoot leaves, onion slices, tomatoes, roast beef (hot or cold) and thyme leaves 4. Roll up and serve immediately with a salad garnish.
Sticky Lamb Parcels .
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes.
Ingredients: 2 lean lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks.
100g/4oz brown basmati rice, cooked.
Freshly milled black pepper.
2 star anise.
1 cinnamon stick, halved.
50g/2oz mushrooms, sliced.
Grated zest of ½ lemon.
100g/4oz purple sprouting broccoli divided into small pieces or florets.
60ml/4tbsp hoisin sauce.
30ml/2tbsp dry sherry.
Fresh lemon thyme, to garnish.
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
2. Cut two x 20cm x 30cm pieces of non-stick baking or parchment paper. Place each paper on a large baking tray or roasting tin. Divided the cooked rice between the papers.
3. Season the lamb, place on top of the rice with the star anise, cinnamon, mushrooms, lemon zest and broccoli.
4. In a small bowl mix together the hoisin sauce and sherry, spoon the mixture over the lamb. Fold the edges of each piece to form a loose parcel (or lightly fasten with cocktail sticks at each end).
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Open the parcels, remove the cinnamon and star anise, garnish with the thyme and serve immediately.
Tip: If preferred replace the brown basmati with either quinoa or bulgur wheat. Aluminium foil works well as parcels too.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group