Edmonton (House of Commons)
Mr Andrew Love MP (Labour)
Surgery Tel: 020 8803 0574
MP Since - 1997 Majority - 9,613 Born - 21/03/1949, Married.
Education - Greenock High School, Strathclyde University.
Previous Occupation - Parliamentary Officer for the Co-operative Party. National Executive Member, NACO (1989-92). TGWU member.
Personal Overview - Has been involved in charitable and enterprise linked work and linked bodies. He has held several Select Committee memberships and was a PPS for four years. With a substantial Greek Cypriot community in his constituency he is a public opponent of Turkish occupation in the north part of the island. An active participant in the All Party Group system with a number of senior memberships - covering financial, business, arts, and science issues.
Political History - Councillor, Haringey (1980-86). MP Edmonton (1997-). Joint Vice Chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party ODPM Committee (2002-). Chair, Small Business All Party Group (2005-). Member of the Public Accounts Select Committee (1997-2001), Deregulation (& Regulatory Reform) Select Committee (1999-2005), PPS to Rt. Hon. Jacqui Smith, Minister of State, Department of Health, (2001-03), at the DTI (2003-05). Member of the Treasury Select Committee (2005-).
Characteristics - Trustee of a Fund for Co-operative workers. Ex-member of N.E. Thames RHA.
Business Tel: 020 7219 6377
Interests: Small Business,The Treasury,Building Societies
- Treasury Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Arms Length Management Organisations (ALMOs) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Building Societies and Financial Mutuals (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Business, Finance and Accountancy (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Credit Unions (Member)
- Wholesale Financial Markets and Services (Associate Group) (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Hepatology Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Home Education (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance and Financial Services (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Lighting Group (Member)
- Manufacturing Group (Associate Group) (Member)
- Mountaineering Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Opera Group (Secretary)
- Patient and Public Involvement in Health and Social Care Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Care and Public Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Refugees (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Small Business Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Social Enterprise (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Global Tuberculosis (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Urban Development Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group in support of Visteon Pensioners (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Wine and Spirit Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women and Enterprise (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Albania (Member)
- British-American Parliamentary Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Asean Region (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bangladesh (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Bolivia (Member)
- British-Canadian Group (Vice Chairman)
- British-Cyprus Group (Member)
- All-Party British-Italian Parliamentary Group (Member)
- All-Party Britain-Republic of Korea Parliamentary Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary British-Latin America Group (Member)
- British-Lebanon Group (Chairman)
- British-Liechtenstein Group (Member)
- British-Lithuania Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Malta (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Mexico (Secretary)
- Netherlands Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary British-Qatar Group (Member)
- British-South Pacific Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Sri Lanka (Chairman)
- British-Syria Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Western Sahara (Member)
Enfield and Haringey (Greater London Authority)
Ms Joanne McCartney AM (Labour)
GLA Member Since - 2004 Majority - 36,741 Born - 19. Married, 3 Children.
Education - N/a.
Previous Occupation - Barrister (specialises in employment law).
Personal Overview - Newly elected in 2004, she replaced the outgoing Labour member Nicky Gavron in this closely contested seat. With a legal background as a barrister, she was involved in establishing a local chambers in Enfield in the early 1990s and has been an adjudicator dealing with disputes between landlords and tenants for the Housing Ombudsman. She has experience of being a local Councillor and has been the Enfield representative on the Local Authority Forum of the London Arts Board. She has also taken an interest in child care issues, a working mother herself , she has chaired Enfield's Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership (the body responsible for nurseries, playgroups etc). She has also shown an interest in issues relating to the environment, planning policing and the North Circular Road. Within the Assembly, she was previously the former London Mayor's (Ken Livingstone) E-Envoy.
Political History - Councillor, Enfield BC (1998-). GLA member for Enfield & Haringey (2004-). Member of the Budget Committee (2004-08). Member of the Economic Development, Culture, Sport and Tourism Committee (2005-07), Deputy Chairman (2008-09). Chairman of the Health & Public Services Committee (2005-08). Former member of the Metropolitan Police Authority. Member of the Transport Committee (2008-), member of the Elections Review Committee (2008). Chair of the Time for Action Panel (2011-). Chair of the Police and Crime Committee (2011-).
Other Information - Member of the London Board of the Commission for Racial Equality. Vice Chair of the London Connects Board. Member of the London Region Arts Council. Substitute Member of the Congress of Europe. Has also been a Director of Millfield Community Theatre in Edmonton. Governor of a local Primary School.
All Party Groups - N/a.
Business Tel: 020 7983 4402
Interests: Environment,Arts & Heritage,Family Issues,Housing,Transport,Law & Order,Child Care,Planning Issues
- Time for Action Panel (Chairman)
- Transport Committee (Member)
London (European Parliament)
Ms Marina Yannakoudakis MEP (Conservative)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 16/04/1956. Married, 3 children.
Education - Brunel University, BSC in Government, Politics and Modern History. Open University, MA in Education.
Previous Occupation - Financial Director of a family business (pan-European).
Personal Overview - Elected to the European Parliament from third place on the London Conservative Party list. Has been involved running a small business for over 23 years with experience negotiating in in Europe on behalf of her UK clients. She has campaigned to reduce regulation on business, reducing EU waste and fraud and on the sensible managing of migration. She also has experience raising funds for charity, as a former Chair of the Mayor of Barnet's Charity Appeal 2005/06 raising money for the mental health charity MIND.
Political History - Councillor, London Borough of Barnet. Has been Deputy Chairman of Chipping Barnet Conservative Association. MEP London Region (2009-). Membe rof the Delegation to the EU-Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Joint Parliamentary Committee (2009-). Substitute member of the Delegation for relations with Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo (2009-). Member of the Women's Rights and Gender Equality Committee (2009-). Member of the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee (2009-).
Other Information - School Governor. She was a Chairman of the Federation of Conservative Students at Brunel University and Chairperson for Communications on it's Student Union Executive. In her spare time she plays the saxophone and produces her own sculptures which she donates to charity.
Intergroups - N/a.
Interests: Business & Finance,Small Business,Local Government
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Member)
- Women's Rights & Gender Equality (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org