Elderly woman rescued after burning fish fingers in Upper Richmond Road, Putney

An elderly woman was rescued from a fire after she fell asleep when cooking fish fingers.

Fire crews were called to the flat in Jordan Court, Upper Richmond Road, Putney, at 12.45am this morning.

They were alerted to it by a neighbour who heard the smoke alarm going off.

The flat was filled with smoke and firefighters had to ventilate the property.

Firefighters said they put it out within minutes, while the 81-year-old woman did not require any hospital treatment.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "People should make sure they don't leave cooking unattended, or don't when you are feeling drowsy and tired."

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:12pm Thu 15 Nov 12

janee says...

It is incidents like this which mean that Wandsworth should NOT end hot meals on wheels service and replace them them frozen food or vouchers.
It is incidents like this which mean that Wandsworth should NOT end hot meals on wheels service and replace them them frozen food or vouchers. janee

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree