Six people flee from Balham flat fire

First published in News by , Senior Reporter

Six people fled from a block of flats after fire broke out on the ground floor.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Byrne Road, Balham, at about 7.15am this morning.

It was caused after someone living in the flat left a jumper on a lamp, causing the room to be filled with smoke.

Firecrews spent an hour putting it out, while about a quarter of the building was damaged.

The person living in the flat was sent to St George's Hospital with smoke inhalation.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree