Unattended cooking causes flat fire in Hope Street, Battersea

Unattended cooking causes flat fire in Hope Street, Battersea

Unattended cooking causes flat fire in Hope Street, Battersea

First published in News by , Senior Reporter

Firecrews were called to put out a fire caused by unattended cooking.

They were called to the blaze yesterday just after 4.45pm in Burke House, Hope Street, Battersea.

Two fire engines from Battersea and a third from Chelsea attended the scene.

It was put out within minutes, while the person in the flat evacuated the property before crews arrived.

A small part of the flat was damaged by smoke and firefighters stayed at the scene to install smoke alarms.

A spokesperson for the fire brigade said there have been a recent spate of fires caused by unattended cooking and warned people to take more care.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree