Firefighters called to oven fire in Poynders Road, Clapham

Firefighters called to oven fire in Poynders Road, Clapham

Firefighters called to oven fire in Poynders Road, Clapham

First published in News

Firefighters were called to a block of flats when fire broke out in a kitchen.

Two fire engines were needed to put out the blaze in Poynders Road, Clapham.

They were called just before 8.15pm last night after two people living in the flat evacuated before the London Fire Brigade arrived.

It was put out within 30 minutes and nobody was injured.

The fire was caused by the occupants leaving something cooking in the oven. Only the oven and kitchen were damaged.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree