Wandsworth Council has granted planning consent for 20 Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations.
Transport for London (TfL) has now submitted plans for more than 50 sites across the north of Wandsworth and these are the first applications to be determined.
In total around 60 docking stations will need to be installed across this northern stretch of the borough as part of the cycle hire extension.
The majority of the costs will be met by TfL but the council will pay £2m towards the roll-out.
The current list of sites is as follows:
- Thessaly Road / Battersea Park Road,
- Battersea Bridge Road/Surrey Lane
- Falcon Road
- Prince of Wales Drive opposite Beechmore Road
- Simpson Street
- Battersea Park Road/Austin Road
- Alfreda Street
- Queenstown Rd/Sopwith Way
- Macduff Road
- Robertson Street
- Sheepcote Lane/Latchmere Leisure Centre
- Prince of Wales Drive
- Queens Circus
- Fawcett Close
- Morie Street
- Jagger House
- Ethelburga Estate
- Eckstein Rd / St Johns Road
- Lurline Gardens
- Nantes Close
- Spanish Road
Planning permission from the council is required for every site.
To view the applications visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/cyclehire or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org