Excitement mounts as big vegetable competition looms in Earlsfield
The Wandsworth Horticultural Association (WHA) will be hosting their Annual Vegetable and Flower Show next month.
The WHA members are allotment-holders and gardeners who pit their growing and artistic skills against each other in this amicable competition.
All the fruit, vegetables and flowers are locally-grown and are judged according to Royal Horticultural Society rules. The Annual Cup and Banksian Medal for the highest points in Show, the Ludlow Cup for the highest points in Dahlias, the Heaviest Pumpkin award, and many other categories.
A spokesman for the WHA said: "As one visitor to last year’s show remarked 'What a wonderful surprise to find something like this in the middle of Wandsworth - it’s just like a country fair'."
The show takes place at Earlsfield Baptist Church, Magdalen Road, on Saturday, September 7, from 3pm-5pm.
- Inspirational young people urged to take part in young person awards
- Airport links to Clapham Junction to be improved says George Osborne
- Tooting MP to ask "Are You Being Served?"
- Q&A with rock band Everest ahead of their gig at Bindlesticks
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
Comments are closed on this article.