Excitement mounts as big vegetable competition looms in Earlsfield
The Wandsworth Horticultural Association (WHA) will be hosting their Annual Vegetable and Flower Show next month.
The WHA members are allotment-holders and gardeners who pit their growing and artistic skills against each other in this amicable competition.
All the fruit, vegetables and flowers are locally-grown and are judged according to Royal Horticultural Society rules. The Annual Cup and Banksian Medal for the highest points in Show, the Ludlow Cup for the highest points in Dahlias, the Heaviest Pumpkin award, and many other categories.
A spokesman for the WHA said: "As one visitor to last year’s show remarked 'What a wonderful surprise to find something like this in the middle of Wandsworth - it’s just like a country fair'."
The show takes place at Earlsfield Baptist Church, Magdalen Road, on Saturday, September 7, from 3pm-5pm.
- Passenger injured after Kingston University bus and car collide on A3
- Government approves £1bn funding of Northern Line extension to Battersea
- Online appeal launches to fight Putney Hospital plans
- Dozy fly-tipper caught after leaving prescription in bin bag
- Major improvements to Wandle Valley to be unveiled at exhibition
Comments are closed on this article.