Fire breaks out at Battersea house after gas leak
Firefighters were called to a blaze caused by a faulty gas appliance.
The emergency services were called to the fire in Queenstown Road, Battersea, just before 9.30am last night.
Three people living in the house noticed smoke while they were in the kitchen.
They shut the door and called the London Fire Brigade, who managed to put it out within an hour.
It is believed the fire was caused by an incorrectly fitted gas appliance which leaked.
The kitchen was left damaged by the fire.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said: "If it had built up and built up a spark would have caused it to explode.
"If you have got any doubts just call us, rather than let something get worse."
After the incident firefighters carried out community safety work to make sure neighbours had working smoke alarms.
- Barclays Cycle Hire bikes launched in Wandsworth
- Freemasons give generously to St George's appeal
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Babar Ahmad and Syed Talha Ahsan admit supporting terrorism in US court hearing
Comments are closed on this article.