Huge fire burns through Clapham loft conversion
A huge fire tore through the attic of a house and burned off half of the roof.
Firefighters were called to the blaze in Culmstock Road, Clapham, at just before 1.15pm yesterday.
Four fire engines from Clapham, Tooting, Brixton and Wandsworth were needed to put it out, including 21 firefighters.
The fire began in the attic of the building while work was being carried out to turn it into a loft conversion.
It was under control by 3pm, with fire crews remaining at the scene until 8.30pm to make sure everything was safe.
Nobody was hurt or needed hospital treatment.
- Gordon Ramsay to open new restaurant in Battersea
- PICTURES: Shoppers pick up gifts at Battersea White Christmas Fair
- Police watchdog reopens investigation into the death of Sean Rigg
- River Thames 'fit for porpoise' after rare dolphin sighting
- Failures in care led to 'missed opportunity' to save man who jumped in front of train
Comments are closed on this article.