Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group nominated for award
Wandsworth's Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has been nominated for a Health Service Journal (HSJ) Award.
The CCG has been shortlisted for it's community wards initiative award, which aims to provide better home-based care and prevent hospital admissions.
People suffering with long-term conditions like diabetes, asthma and heart disease have been treated using this approach.
The HSJ Awards include 22 categories, with Wandsworth CCG shortlisted in the Primary Care and Community Service Redesign category.
Shortlisted organisations complete presentations and interviews in order for judges to chose the winners.
Andrew McMylor, director of delivery and development, said: "At its core the community wards programme promotes joint-working between health and social care services by bringing together a team of staff including consultants, GPs, community nurses and social workers to make sure our most vulnerable patients can be looked after in their own home."
- Inspirational young people urged to take part in young person awards
- Airport links to Clapham Junction to be improved says George Osborne
- Tooting MP to ask "Are You Being Served?"
- Q&A with rock band Everest ahead of their gig at Bindlesticks
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
Comments are closed on this article.