A roof in Wandsworth Prison was set on fire after prisoners threw burning paper on to it.
Four fire engines were called to the prison in Heathfield Road, Wandsworth, at 1.20am today.
The fire was caused by prisoners throwing burning paper out of the windows, which set a small roof alight.
It is believed there was a disturbance in the prison which provoked the incident.
No oner was injured, with fire crews leaving the scene at 4.30am.
It comes in the same week as HMP Wandsworth was declared the most overcrowded prison in the country according to a report by the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Television doctor Hilary Jones visits Earlsfield primary school
- Missing 13-year-old last seen in Croydon
- Two missing girls last seen in Putney have been found
- VIDEO: Adorable orphaned puppies are the victims of backstreet breeding, Battersea warns
- Judge condemns Wandsworth Prison security after inmate imports machine guns from his cell