Youth employment and training event at South Thames College next week
An event is being held next week designed to help young people find a place in education or training.
The Road to Success event will offer support, information and advice which will help them understand pending changes to the law which will affect them.
The law change, called Raising of the Participation Age (RPA), means youngsters leaving Year 11 at 16 must stay in education or training at least until the end of the academic year in which they turn 17.
From 2015 this will rise again, to 18.
The event will identify what young people are looking for and match them to vacancies with local education and training providers to meet their needs.
Road to Success takes place at South Thames College, Wandsworth High Street, on Wednesday September 18, from 1pm-4.30pm.
No need to book a place - just turn up.
To find out more contact Noel Tierney on 020 8871 6122 or email email@example.com Alternatively visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/RPA.
- Barclays Cycle Hire bikes launched in Wandsworth
- Freemasons give generously to St George's appeal
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Babar Ahmad and Syed Talha Ahsan admit supporting terrorism in US court hearing
Comments are closed on this article.