Franciscan Scholl primary pupils boxing clever after British champion Hannah Beharry's visit
British boxing champion Hannah Beharry popped into a Tooting primary school to inspire youngsters to pursue sport.
Pupils at Franciscan School quizzed the former European bronze medalist about her career and her route to the British boxing's summit on Friday.
Headteacher Pat Andre-Watson said: "The visit from Hannah has been brilliant.
"She is an ideal role model for our children - showing them how you can change the direction of your life and do great things."
The 26-year-old boxer said: "I've had an amazing time at Franciscan.
"The ethos and values the school hold is what 'be the best you can be' is all about. I'm happy that the programme is being run in such an amazing school."
- Tooting MP to ask "Are You Being Served?"
- Q&A with rock band Everest ahead of their gig at Bindlesticks
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Interview with Dylan Tate, of Boris and Sergey's Vaudevillian Theatre
- Wanda reviews The 3 Monkeys Bar, Balham
Comments are closed on this article.