Teenager gunned down in Coppock Close, Battersea
A 19-year-old man was shot dead last night.
The teenager was found with gun shot wounds by paramedics in Coppock Close, Battersea at 8.14pm on Wednesday and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police enquries are ongoing, while no arrests have yet been made.
Witnesses have been posting tributes to the teenager on Twitter. Ben Delaney wrote: "Came home to police in the street and reports of a teenager shot dead at the end of my street. Awful awful events in battersea tonight."
Metropolitan Police detectives have launched a murder investigation and have appealed for information from the public.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Matt Bonner of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
The scene in Battersea this morning
Det Chief Insp Bonner said: "I am keen to establish if there was anyone in the area who saw or heard anything suspicious yesterday evening.
"I'm appealing for anyone who has any information no matter how small to please come forward and help us with our inquiry".
- PICTURES: Shoppers pick up gifts at Battersea White Christmas Fair
- Police watchdog reopens investigation into the death of Sean Rigg
- River Thames 'fit for porpoise' after rare dolphin sighting
- Failures in care led to 'missed opportunity' to save man who jumped in front of train
- Thick black smoke in Battersea after fire at pub
Comments are closed on this article.