Elderly man dies after being hit by train at Clapham Junction Station
An elderly man has died after being hit by a train at Clapham Junction station on Saturday.
The man was struck by the non-stopping Gatwick Express train at about 12.40pm on September 21.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics and the death is being treated as non-suspicious.
A spokeswoman from the London Ambulance Service said: "We sent one of our ambulance crews, a motorcycle responder a single responder in a car and a duty officer.
"Sadly the patient was dead at the scene."
Paramedics also treated a man for shock who witnessed it happen.
Trains were disrupted for about 90 minutes following the incident.
- Babar Ahmad and Syed Talha Ahsan admit supporting terrorism in US court hearing
- Clapham rail disaster survivor has not used train since crash
- Police officer awarded for bravery after saving kids from burning coach
- Man attacked with belt at Clapham Junction station
- Memorial held to mark Clapham rail disaster 25th anniversary
Comments are closed on this article.