York Road shops get business rate discount after roadworks saga
A parade of businesses affected by road works in summer will receive a discount on their business rates.
It comes after traders in Old York Road, Wandsworth, suffered a downturn in trade when Wandsworth Council closed the road for improvement works.
A total of 34 businesses will receive a discount on their rates, after Wandsworth Council staff lobbied HM Revenue and Customs.
The five businesses most affected will get a 10 per cent rebate, while 29 will see bills reduced by five per cent.
Each business will enjoy the reduced rate for 13 weeks, which covers the period roadworks were in place.
- Police watchdog reopens investigation into the death of Sean Rigg
- River Thames 'fit for porpoise' after rare dolphin sighting
- Failures in care led to 'missed opportunity' to save man who jumped in front of train
- Thick black smoke in Battersea after fire at pub
- Man stable after being rescued from River Thames
Comments are closed on this article.