Record numbers turn out for Tooting MP Sadiq Khan's healthcare coffee morning
More than 100 people attended a health and well-being coffee morning hosted by Tooting MP Sadiq Khan.
The event took place in the Mushkil Aasaan centre, in Upper Tooting Road, Tooting, on Friday.
Visitors welcomed by Mr Khan and deputy mayor of Wandsworth, Councillor Kim Caddy, were invited to browse stalls ran by organisations such as Macmillan Cancer Support, Wandsworth Age UK and Wandsworth Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Mr Khan said: “It is always a pleasure to host healthcare coffee mornings in Tooting.
"They’re a useful way of bringing health and wellbeing advice services together in a way that is easily accessible to local residents.
"They’re also a great opportunity to catch up with friends in the community over a cup of tea.
"Seeing so many fantastic local services we have here in Wandsworth in one room, reminds me how fortunate we are.”
Guests could also have a free blood pressure check and health check on the Wandsworth NHS health check bus.
- Tooting MP to ask "Are You Being Served?"
- Q&A with rock band Everest ahead of their gig at Bindlesticks
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Interview with Dylan Tate, of Boris and Sergey's Vaudevillian Theatre
- Wanda reviews The 3 Monkeys Bar, Balham
Comments are closed on this article.