TV presenter Ortis Deley gives old Tooting school Ernest Bevin College thumbs up
TV presenter Ortis Deley visited his former school to open refurbished science labs.
Mr Deley returned to Ernest Bevin College, in Beechcroft Road, Tooting, on Friday and encouraged students to take up science.
The Gadget Show host left the school in 1991 to read pharmacy at Sunderland University.
He spent the morning at the school speaking to pupils, staff and former science teacher.
Five of the school’s science labs were given a £250,000 makeover and have been in use since the beginning of term.
Mr Deley said: “I have fond memories of my time at school here and I have always wanted to be invited back to help promote science.
“I salute what the science teachers are doing.”
- Man attacked with belt at Clapham Junction station
- Memorial held to mark Clapham rail disaster 25th anniversary
- Tooting's Triangle playground set for £117,000 facelift
- Outgoing housing chief awarded £50,000 'golden handshake'
- Woman dragged out of house by violent robbers
Comments are closed on this article.