Armed police swoop on biker 'with gun in street'
Armed police dramatically swooped on a Battersea street yesterday after a motorcyclist was seen with a gun.
The motorcyclist parked up in Hester Road, off Battersea Bridge Road, before dismounting and opening up the top case on the back of his bike.
An eagle-eyed passerby walked past the bike and, while the driver was looking in the box, saw the weapon lying in the box.
And once the motorcyclist walked away from the bike, the member of the public called police.
Within minutes officers from the Firearms Command team were at the scene and they quickly found the motorcyclist, who was nearby.
When officers opened the top case on the bike they found the gun.
The man was arrested and taken to a west London police station, where he was bailed to return to a date in late October.
- Tooting's Triangle playground set for £117,000 facelift
- Outgoing housing chief awarded £50,000 'golden handshake'
- Woman dragged out of house by violent robbers
- Schoolgirl's artwork chosen for MP Sadiq Khan's Christmas card
- Sick children visited by AFC Wimbledon players at St George's Hospital
Comments are closed on this article.