Tooting environmental charity relaunches
A charity shop that promotes recycling has relaunched this week.
The Work and Play Scrapstore, Tooting, celebrated its re-launch earlier this week by holding a tea party that included the Mayor of Wandsworth Angela Graham and MP for Tooting Sadiq Khan.
The charity, which offers recyclable materials donated by local businesses to groups within the community such as schools, nurseries and community groups for creative purposes, has been running since 1988 with the help of volunteers, including 25 year member Elizabeth Bull.
The charity is keen to look for new members and develop further afield from Wandsworth.
- Passenger injured after Kingston University bus and car collide on A3
- Government approves £1bn funding of Northern Line extension to Battersea
- Online appeal launches to fight Putney Hospital plans
- Dozy fly-tipper caught after leaving prescription in bin bag
- Major improvements to Wandle Valley to be unveiled at exhibition
Comments are closed on this article.