Tooting environmental charity relaunches
A charity shop that promotes recycling has relaunched this week.
The Work and Play Scrapstore, Tooting, celebrated its re-launch earlier this week by holding a tea party that included the Mayor of Wandsworth Angela Graham and MP for Tooting Sadiq Khan.
The charity, which offers recyclable materials donated by local businesses to groups within the community such as schools, nurseries and community groups for creative purposes, has been running since 1988 with the help of volunteers, including 25 year member Elizabeth Bull.
The charity is keen to look for new members and develop further afield from Wandsworth.
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Interview with Dylan Tate, of Boris and Sergey's Vaudevillian Theatre
- Wanda reviews The 3 Monkeys Bar, Balham
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- Parking times increased in more than 80 bays in Wandsworth
Comments are closed on this article.