Man in his 60s dies in dry cleaning shop from fumes in Wandsworth Road
A man believed to be in his 60s died in a dry cleaning shop after inhaling fumes.
Police were called to business in Wandsworth Road, Wandsworth, at about 4.30pm on Saturday, October 5.
Officers and paramedics tried to enter the property, but were overcome by fumes.
Firefighters entered with special breathing apparatus and took the man out of the building.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) treated the man, but he was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.50pm.
A spokeswoman for the LAS said: "Our staff treated one patient, a man in his 60s - he was in cardiac arrest.
"Sadly he died at the scene."
A post mortem examination has been arranged, while inquiries are being made.
The Health and Safety Executive have been informed.
- Attacker jailed for hurling ammonia in police officer's face
- Heroine and cocaine dealers jailed after drug trips to Canterbury
- Gordon Ramsay to open new restaurant in Battersea
- PICTURES: Shoppers pick up gifts at Battersea White Christmas Fair
- Police watchdog reopens investigation into the death of Sean Rigg
Comments are closed on this article.