Chip pan fireball in Battersea sparks water warning
Firefighters are warning people to not leave cooking unattended after they put out a chip pan fire.
They were called to the blaze in Connor Court, Alfreda Street, Battersea, just after 9pm yesterday.
A 25-year-old woman was cooking chips when the pan caught alight and tried to put it out with water.
The water caused a fireball, but luckily nothing caught alight.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "Don't leave cooking pans unattended, especially when using cooking oil.
"If you are to have a fire in an oil pan never attempt to douse the flames with water.
"If possible turn off the cooker, shut the kitchen door and call the fire brigade."
The woman was not injured.
- Attacker jailed for hurling ammonia in police officer's face
- Heroine and cocaine dealers jailed after drug trips to Canterbury
- Gordon Ramsay to open new restaurant in Battersea
- PICTURES: Shoppers pick up gifts at Battersea White Christmas Fair
- Police watchdog reopens investigation into the death of Sean Rigg
Comments are closed on this article.