Community group anxiously awaits High Court result over Putney Hospital site
A community group is going to the High Court this week to challenge the legality of plans to build private roads across Putney Common.
The Friends of Putney Common (FoPC) group have taken legal action after discovering an easement agreement, or payment, signed in February 2012, between Wandsworth Council and the Wimbledon and Putney Commons Conservators (WPCC).
The payment was issued for the use of an access road in order to build a 420-pupil school on the site of the former Putney Hospital.
More than 800 Putney residents objected to the planning application connected to the easement agreements.
The two-day trial began at the High Court on Tuesday and a result is expected shortly.
- Tooting MP to ask "Are You Being Served?"
- Q&A with rock band Everest ahead of their gig at Bindlesticks
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Interview with Dylan Tate, of Boris and Sergey's Vaudevillian Theatre
- Wanda reviews The 3 Monkeys Bar, Balham
Comments are closed on this article.