Campaign for more locally listed buildings in Tooting
A campaign has launched to protect buildings in Tooting by adding them to the Local List.
It comes after The Wheatsheaf, in Upper Tooting Road, Tooting, was granted Local List status, which gives the venue extra protection if bought by developers.
MP for Tooting Sadiq Khan asked constituents which other buildings in the area they would like to be locally listed.
Tooting Market, Tooting Lido, St Benedict’s Clock Tower, Tooting Leisure Centre, Tooting Police Station, Tooting Library and the Defoe Chapel were all suggested.
Wandsworth Council have since confirmed they will be considering the suggestions for their Local List.
- Man attacked with belt at Clapham Junction station
- Memorial held to mark Clapham rail disaster 25th anniversary
- Tooting's Triangle playground set for £117,000 facelift
- Outgoing housing chief awarded £50,000 'golden handshake'
- Woman dragged out of house by violent robbers
Comments are closed on this article.