Michelin star chef Tom Aitken teaches St Mary's Primary School children recipes in Putney
Michelin star cook Tom Aitken had a particularly young set of sous chefs when he paid a visit to a Battersea Primary School.
The restauteur, who is looking to open a business in Putney later this year, taught year five and six pupils at St Mary's Primary School, Lockington Road, how to make healthy meals from scratch
Ingredients from the school's produce garden were used in the recipes.
The children participating won their place assisting the chef through a writing competition about their favourite meals.
It was organised by charity Food Matters which aims to help families learn how to prepare their own meals.
Mr Aikens, who featured in Iron Chef UK, said: "Every Cooking Ideas session is an absolute pleasure as I get to enjoy first-hand the magic of food education, how an hour of practical cooking can ignite an interest in food, how it's cooked and where it comes from - and inspire children to have a go at home."
- Passenger injured after Kingston University bus and car collide on A3
- Government approves £1bn funding of Northern Line extension to Battersea
- Online appeal launches to fight Putney Hospital plans
- Dozy fly-tipper caught after leaving prescription in bin bag
- Major improvements to Wandle Valley to be unveiled at exhibition
Comments are closed on this article.