Man rescued from Battersea blaze
A man believed to be in his 50's was rescued from a fire.
Fire crews pulled the man from the blaze which started in the kitchen of maisonette in Wallis Close, Battersea, at 7.10am this morning.
They were called to the scene by an elderly couple living in the flat and on arrival were informed their son was trapped upstairs.
The man, thought to have learning difficulties, was rescued by firefighters from the first floor bedroom.
He was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation, alongside the couple.
It is suspected to have been caused by a faulty electrical appliance.
Firefighters noted the smoke alarm was not fitted correctly.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "There was a smoke alarm however the batteries were not connected and it was positioned in the incorrect place."
- Inspirational young people urged to take part in young person awards
- Airport links to Clapham Junction to be improved says George Osborne
- Tooting MP to ask "Are You Being Served?"
- Q&A with rock band Everest ahead of their gig at Bindlesticks
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
Comments are closed on this article.