Work underway to improve homes in Sporle Court on Winstanley Estate, Battersea
Work is now underway on a £900,000 scheme of major home improvements to residents on Battersea’s Winstanley estate.
The Sporle Court project, which is due to be completed early next summer, will see 107 homes in the block getting modern new heat-efficient windows, which Wandsworth Council said would help residents keep their heating bills low.
The block is also being redecorated and flooring is being replaced.
The council's housing spokesman Councillor Paul Ellis said: "The new windows are amongst the most energy efficient on the market and this should allow residents to keep their heating bills at a minimum - particularly important in a time of ever rising gas and electricity charges."
The council is also currently consulting residents on the Winstanley and York Road estates on a series of multi-million pound proposals to regenerate and improve living conditions in the area.
- MPs vote through controversial hospital shutdown law Clause 119
- Sixth form asks police to speak to unruly student who turns out to be wanted for robbery
- Young have-a-go heroes the Battersea air cadets step in to prevent assault
- Watch out litter louts Wandsworth Council is coming for you
- £6.4m spent on repairing Wandsworth's potholes
Comments are closed on this article.