PICTURES: Police in Balham after recent spate of burglaries
Police gave advice to a neighbourhood plagued by burglaries.
The Burglary Prevention event took place in Hildreth Street, Balham, on Saturday.
Officers were joined by Wandsworth Probation, Wandsworth Community Safety Division (WCSD) and SDS Security.
The event was organised after Balham has recently been hit by a high level of burglaries.
A stall was set up in the street with the team on hand to give advice.
Visitors were given advice on safety locks, trimming hedges and making sure doors are locked.
John Rodwell, WCSD neighbourhood officer, said: "We are working hard to reduce burglary within the borough and raise the awareness of residents that prevention is better than cure.
"Security should been seen as an investment that can put value not only on individual properties but on the value of property within an area."
Caroline Sharp, of Wandsworth Probation, said: "We now manage prolific burglars through our multi-agency Integrated Offender Management Scheme.
"This aims to reduce further offending through close police monitoring and probation officers working with burglars on the issues that contribute to their offending such as substance misuse."
- CEO of mental health trust responds to MP about violent absconder
- Tube worker attacker jailed
- Beggars and drug addicts target generous people at Clapham Junction station
- Postwoman stole gift vouchers and cash from greetings cards
- Guantanamo Bay prisoner Shaker Aamer diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Comments are closed on this article.