Hundreds attend Battersea Police Ball
A record number of people attended the 21st Battersea Police Ball.
The annual ball, organised by the Battersea Crime Prevention Panel, took place in Battersea Evolution, Battersea Park, on Saturday.
A total of 1,680 purchased tickets and helped raise money for the charity, which works to support the community in Battersea.
Guests included Battersea MP Jane Ellison, leader of Wandsworth Council Ravi Govindia, and deputy mayor Councillor Kim Caddy.
Wandsworth's borough commander Chief Superintendent Paul McGregor said: "As Borough Commander I was delighted to attend as a paying guest.
"Monies raised will ensure that the work of the panel continues into 2014 and beyond.
"The ongoing work of the panel will make a significant difference to old and young alike in the Battersea and Balham area."
- Murder investigation launched after man dies in Roehampton
- Broken down lorry causes traffic chaos near Vauxhall Gyratory
- Patient died after fleeing operating theatre and falling off hospital roof
- New tube strike dates announced for May
- Hundreds left without water on Easter Monday
Comments are closed on this article.