Games maker choir from Battersea perform at Wembley Stadium
A choir of Olympic volunteers performed at the Rugby League World Cup Semi Finals at Wembley Stadium.
It was the biggest gig to date for the Games Makers choir, who have been rehearsing in Northcote Road Baptist Church, Battersea, for the past three months.
The 123 singers taking part sang hits such as 'Viva La Vida', 'One Day Like This' and 'Land of Hope and Glory' for a crowd of 67,000 people on Saturday.
Victoria Verbi, 22, of Honeywell Road, Battersea, formed the choir while volunteering during London 2012.
Choir members from as far away as Newcastle and Bath have been making the journey to Battersea to rehearse every other weekend since August.
Miss Verbi said: "It was amazing. Just to think it was a year ago when we started in the Olympics Park, now we are at Wembley Stadium.
"There are people who haven't even sang before - they are all musicians now."
- Hospice and funeral service to encourage conversation on death
- Teen masters ADHD with magic
- CEO of mental health trust responds to MP about violent absconder
- Tube worker attacker jailed
- Beggars and drug addicts target generous people at Clapham Junction station
Comments are closed on this article.