Teen to appear in court over cyclist injured in Clapham
A teenage motorist will appear before magistrates next month to face a number of driving offences after an accident with a cyclist in May.
John Mashatte, 18, from Amesbury Avenue, Streatham Hill, has been charged with failing to stop at the scene of a collision, failing to report an accident and driving without insurance.
He is also charged with refusing an eyetest, failing to give the name of a driver at the time of a collision and possession of Class A and B drugs.
The incident happened at Clapham Common South Side just after 9am on Monday, May 27, which was a bank holiday.
The 23-year-old cyclist was taken to hospital with a "serious" head injury.
Mr Mashatte will appear at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on December 9.
- Missing mental health patients on the increase
- Clapham man faces murder charge after death of James Fiennes
- Unsafe building closes Balham High Road
- New video reveals how Battersea Power Station's chimneys will be rebuilt
- Man charged with murder after death in Mortlake