PICTURES: Battersea Christmas lights switched on by ITV weather presenter Lucy Verasamy
The first Christmas lights in Wandsworth were switched on by ITV weather presenter Lucy Verasamy and MP Jane Ellison.
Crowds of people showed up to watch the Christmas light ceremony take place in Northcote Road, Battersea, last night.
The lights are complimented by 100 lit Christmas trees along the length of the popular shopping road.
Belleville and Honeywell Primary School choirs performed carols along Battersea Rise and Chatham Road, before finishing at Northcote Road.
A mini performance of Christmas show The Good Neighbour was staged by Battersea Arts Centre entertainers.
There were also two fun fair rides to enjoy, Santa's grotto and mulled wine served by businesses along the road.
The London Fire Brigade brought along a fire engine and offered tours for children.
- An Easter message of love and new life
- Scarecrow, tinman and lion join Dorothy for possibly the cutest production of Wizard of Oz
- Britain's first underwater rugby team set to compete abroad
- Hospice and funeral service to encourage conversation on death
- Teen masters ADHD with magic
Comments are closed on this article.