Parking times increased in more than 80 bays in Wandsworth
Parking times have been increased in more than 80 bays across Wandsworth.
The Mayor of London Stop and Shop scheme aims to provide greater flexibility for drivers to park and shop, pay bills and run errands.
Motorists will be able to park for 30 minutes instead of 20 along the Transport for London (TfL) red route, which allow parking from 10am to 4pm.
Times have also been increased in white bays which allow parking at any time of the day.
A number of busy shopping areas are benefiting from the changes including Balham High Road, Battersea Rise, St Ann's Hill and Trinity Road.
Boris Johnson said: "Parking is a hot topic for Londoners going about their daily lives, as well as for the capital’s businesses and retailers.
"I’m thrilled that we have been able to extend parking time in our high streets.
"This will make a huge difference to local businesses and I hope everyone will embrace the new Stop and Shop bays."
The scheme forms part of a campaign to breathe life into high streets and support small businesses.
Signs at the affected bays have been updated.
- Tapas bar murder inquiry launched - police seek witnesses
- Fake gun burglar jailed for seven years after petrified victim jumped off balcony
- Murder investigation launched after man dies in Roehampton
- Broken down lorry causes traffic chaos near Vauxhall Gyratory
- Mystery of the jogging bunny of Clapham solved
Comments are closed on this article.