Man stable after being rescued from River Thames near Battersea
A stranded man was dramatically pulled from the River Thames last week after he was spotted bobbing along near Battersea.
An eagle-eyed passer-by saw the marooned man floating along the freezing cold river near the heliport by Wandsworth Bridge.
The RNLI rescue boats were scrambled to the scene from Chiswick Pier and arrived within three minutes.
Rescuers found the man, now struggling to stay afloat, and hauled him aboard before administering CPR.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance and his condition is thought to be improving.
- Wanda reviews Lobster House, Putney
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- MP Sadiq Khan joins International Women's Day discussion in Tooting
- Carla Grauls debuts her new play in Battersea’s Theatre 503
- Q&A with singer Sandi Thom
Comments are closed on this article.