Man stable after being rescued from River Thames near Battersea
A stranded man was dramatically pulled from the River Thames last week after he was spotted bobbing along near Battersea.
An eagle-eyed passer-by saw the marooned man floating along the freezing cold river near the heliport by Wandsworth Bridge.
The RNLI rescue boats were scrambled to the scene from Chiswick Pier and arrived within three minutes.
Rescuers found the man, now struggling to stay afloat, and hauled him aboard before administering CPR.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance and his condition is thought to be improving.
- CEO of mental health trust responds to MP about violent absconder
- Tube worker attacker jailed
- Beggars and drug addicts target generous people at Clapham Junction station
- Postwoman stole gift vouchers and cash from greetings cards
- Guantanamo Bay prisoner Shaker Aamer diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Comments are closed on this article.