Man stable after being rescued from River Thames near Battersea
A stranded man was dramatically pulled from the River Thames last week after he was spotted bobbing along near Battersea.
An eagle-eyed passer-by saw the marooned man floating along the freezing cold river near the heliport by Wandsworth Bridge.
The RNLI rescue boats were scrambled to the scene from Chiswick Pier and arrived within three minutes.
Rescuers found the man, now struggling to stay afloat, and hauled him aboard before administering CPR.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance and his condition is thought to be improving.
- Putney man jailed for £1.25m cyber attack
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Praise from on high for St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
- Missing mental health patients on the increase
- Clapham man faces murder charge after death of James Fiennes
Comments are closed on this article.