Man stable after being rescued from River Thames near Battersea
A stranded man was dramatically pulled from the River Thames last week after he was spotted bobbing along near Battersea.
An eagle-eyed passer-by saw the marooned man floating along the freezing cold river near the heliport by Wandsworth Bridge.
The RNLI rescue boats were scrambled to the scene from Chiswick Pier and arrived within three minutes.
Rescuers found the man, now struggling to stay afloat, and hauled him aboard before administering CPR.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance and his condition is thought to be improving.
- Free Wi-Fi to be rolled out across Wandsworth
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
- Tooting Common hit by fly-tippers again
- State of the art pedestrian crossings coming to Tooting and Balham
- Police concerned for missing accountant who could be on crutches
Comments are closed on this article.