Gym user and MP Justine Greening celebrate bus shelters
A daily gym user celebrated getting a bus shelter outside his leisure centre.
Dr John McAdam, 81, of Dungarvan Avenue, Roehampton, travels on the bus every morning to use the gym and swimming pool at Putney Leisure Centre.
But after his sessions at the gym he found himself getting soaked while waiting for a bus at the stop in Dryburgh Road, Putney.
Dr McAdam, who runs his own production company, realised there was a lack of shelters in the area and wrote to Transport for London (TfL) requesting for more.
Finally TfL agreed to place more shelters opposite Putney Leisure Centre and Dover House Lane.
Dr McAdam and MP Justine Greening met to celebrate the new bus shelter.
He said: "I have been swimming and gymming all of these years.
"All of the goodness I had given myself swimming and gyming, in the sauna and steam room, I am killing it all waiting for my bus to come along.
"I thought I have got to do something about this all I was is a bus shelter - not sides or electronic gizmos giving you the times of buses, all I want is a roof."
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- Wandsworth fire station without second fire engine for six months as pension row continues
- Wanda reviews Lobster House, Putney
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- MP Sadiq Khan joins International Women's Day discussion in Tooting
Comments are closed on this article.