Parents warned about looming primary school deadline in Wandsworth
Parents who want their children to start attending a Wandsworth primary school later this year must ensure they submit their applications by next week’s crucial deadline of January 15.
This important deadline applies to all three and four-year-olds born between September 1, 2009 and August 31, 2010 who will be starting school at the beginning of the September 2014 academic year.
Parents can apply for a place at up to six state-run primary schools, listing each one in order of preference.
These schools can either be in Wandsworth or in another part of London, but people must submit their applications to the town hall of the borough in which they live.
Parents are being reminded that even if their children are already enrolled in a nursery class at a local primary school, they must still apply for a place in a reception class.
Attending the nursery does not automatically mean their child will be eligible for a place in the reception class or that they will be offered a place at the same school.
For more information, help and advice about how to apply call 020 8871 7316 or email email@example.com
- Man who raped and attempted to murder pensioner 'dies after prison suicide'
- 772km running challenge in memory of boy who died after falling onto spinning propeller
- Royal Mail First World War stamps go on display in Battersea Library
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
- News of the World journalist charged with phone hacking