PICTURES: Sanitation and hygiene explored in Wandsworth Museum gallery
An exhibition is exploring the history of hygiene and sanitation.
Keep it Clean, which is on at Wandsworth Museum, West Hill, Wandsworth, displays the amount of rubbish Wandsworth generates a second.
The exhibition looks at personal hygiene from the Roman age to the 20th century.
Visitors can learn about the Great Stink of 1858, how people bathed together in public baths and look at old washing equipment.
The exhibition is suitable for all ages and will run until January 25.
- Britain's first underwater rugby team set to compete abroad
- Hospice and funeral service to encourage conversation on death
- Teen masters ADHD with magic
- CEO of mental health trust responds to MP about violent absconder
- Tube worker attacker jailed
Comments are closed on this article.