PICTURES: Sanitation and hygiene explored in Wandsworth Museum gallery
An exhibition is exploring the history of hygiene and sanitation.
Keep it Clean, which is on at Wandsworth Museum, West Hill, Wandsworth, displays the amount of rubbish Wandsworth generates a second.
The exhibition looks at personal hygiene from the Roman age to the 20th century.
Visitors can learn about the Great Stink of 1858, how people bathed together in public baths and look at old washing equipment.
The exhibition is suitable for all ages and will run until January 25.
- LIVE: Wandsworth GCSE results day 2014
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
- Unconscious Earlsfield woman and her dog rescued by fire fighters this morning
- Tooting foxes affectionately nuzzle each other on garage roof
- Work starts on new Putney primary school
Comments are closed on this article.