PICTURES: Sanitation and hygiene explored in Wandsworth Museum gallery
An exhibition is exploring the history of hygiene and sanitation.
Keep it Clean, which is on at Wandsworth Museum, West Hill, Wandsworth, displays the amount of rubbish Wandsworth generates a second.
The exhibition looks at personal hygiene from the Roman age to the 20th century.
Visitors can learn about the Great Stink of 1858, how people bathed together in public baths and look at old washing equipment.
The exhibition is suitable for all ages and will run until January 25.
- Leaked document increases fears for future of The Wheatsheaf Pub
- PICTURES: Balham kids get a taste of the Oscars
- Wandsworth teen set to storm business world with 'oxygen cocktail'
- Free Wi-Fi to be rolled out across Wandsworth
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
Comments are closed on this article.