PICTURES: Sanitation and hygiene explored in Wandsworth Museum gallery
An exhibition is exploring the history of hygiene and sanitation.
Keep it Clean, which is on at Wandsworth Museum, West Hill, Wandsworth, displays the amount of rubbish Wandsworth generates a second.
The exhibition looks at personal hygiene from the Roman age to the 20th century.
Visitors can learn about the Great Stink of 1858, how people bathed together in public baths and look at old washing equipment.
The exhibition is suitable for all ages and will run until January 25.
- UPDATE: Tapas bar murder inquiry launched - police seek witnesses
- Free course at Epsom Hospital offering cancer support
- Murder investigation launched after man killed in Roehampton
- Fake gun burglar jailed for seven years after petrified victim jumped off balcony
- Broken down lorry causes traffic chaos near Vauxhall Gyratory
Comments are closed on this article.