A post office is being transformed into a new modern branch with longer opening hours.
The Post Office, in Amen Corner, Tooting, will close for refurbishment on January 15 at 5.30pm.
There will be three new screened serving positions, a Post Office serving point and a retail counter.
The branch opening hours will be extended to 46 hours a week, from 7.30am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and 8am to 7pm on Sunday.
Tooting Post Office, Gatton Road, Tooting and the Post Office, in Streatham Road, Mitcham, are happy to look after customers while the Post Office is closed.
Keith Long, area manager, said: "We understand how important the Post Office is to residents in and around this area of London and we are confident that this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future."
The post office will open on January 20 at 9am.
- Crack house shut down after tenant "taken advantage of"
- Cyclist who died in Richmond Park named as Oxshott scientist
- Airports Commission "fails London dismally" by dismissing Boris Island airport
- 24/7 minicab office in Battersea refused planning permission
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities