Fire breaks out in Roehampton Kebab World
A fire which broke out in the basement of a kebab shop earlier this morning is under investigation.
Firefighters were called to Kebab World, in Roehampton High Street, Roehampton, at 12.30am today.
The blaze began in the basement of the building, with smoke spreading throughout the restaurant.
Nobody was inside at the time, with the restaurant closing 30 minutes before the fire.
There were two people in the flat above, which was evacuated, but noone required hospital treatment.
It is believed the fire was caused by smoking materials and is under investigation.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "There was only a really small fire in the basement, but there was lots of smoke damage."
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- Wandsworth fire station without second fire engine for six months as pension row continues
- Wanda reviews Lobster House, Putney
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- MP Sadiq Khan joins International Women's Day discussion in Tooting
Comments are closed on this article.