Fire breaks out in Roehampton Kebab World
A fire which broke out in the basement of a kebab shop earlier this morning is under investigation.
Firefighters were called to Kebab World, in Roehampton High Street, Roehampton, at 12.30am today.
The blaze began in the basement of the building, with smoke spreading throughout the restaurant.
Nobody was inside at the time, with the restaurant closing 30 minutes before the fire.
There were two people in the flat above, which was evacuated, but noone required hospital treatment.
It is believed the fire was caused by smoking materials and is under investigation.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "There was only a really small fire in the basement, but there was lots of smoke damage."
- Child abuse interview suite opened in Putney
- Wandsworth parents set to learn primary school place results
- Father died in hospital following surgery after telling his wife 'I'm going home tomorrow'
- Fire breaks out at Tooting construction site
- Two jailed for Clapham knife point robbery
Comments are closed on this article.