Fire breaks out in Roehampton Kebab World
A fire which broke out in the basement of a kebab shop earlier this morning is under investigation.
Firefighters were called to Kebab World, in Roehampton High Street, Roehampton, at 12.30am today.
The blaze began in the basement of the building, with smoke spreading throughout the restaurant.
Nobody was inside at the time, with the restaurant closing 30 minutes before the fire.
There were two people in the flat above, which was evacuated, but noone required hospital treatment.
It is believed the fire was caused by smoking materials and is under investigation.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "There was only a really small fire in the basement, but there was lots of smoke damage."
- 772km running challenge in memory of boy who died after falling onto spinning propeller
- Royal Mail First World War stamps go on display in Battersea Library
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
- News of the World journalist charged with phone hacking
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
Comments are closed on this article.