A fire which broke out in the basement of a kebab shop earlier this morning is under investigation.
Firefighters were called to Kebab World, in Roehampton High Street, Roehampton, at 12.30am today.
The blaze began in the basement of the building, with smoke spreading throughout the restaurant.
Nobody was inside at the time, with the restaurant closing 30 minutes before the fire.
There were two people in the flat above, which was evacuated, but noone required hospital treatment.
It is believed the fire was caused by smoking materials and is under investigation.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "There was only a really small fire in the basement, but there was lots of smoke damage."
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities
- Council rejects large and ‘garish’ advertising hoarding in Clapham Junction
- South London's first Jewish primary school granted planning permission
- Garratt Park School for special needed children rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice