Peeping Tom spied on women in Clapham Junction loos
A dim-witted voyeur has dodged jail after he was caught spying on women in Clapham Junction station's public toilets while wearing his easily readable work uniform.
Andrea Scalesse, 26, from Stockwell, sneaked into the ladies toilets on March 3 last year and started peering over the tops of the cubicles.
One unfortunate female victim happened to look up while using the loo and saw the Italian national leering down at her.
Scalesse ran away but the woman saw his branded uniform, which clearly stated "Stewed!", and realised he worked for the snack kiosk of the same name which lies on the upper concourse of the station.
She immediately went up to the concourse and reported him to a Stewed! manager before calling police.
Scalesse was arrested at the station and taken away by officers.
He was charged with observing a person doing a private act, which falls under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
The Italian represented himself during his trial at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court in November but was found guilty.
He was sentenced at the same court on January 8 and was ordered to complete 40 hours community service and pay a £260 fine.
A spokesman for Stewed! confirmed Scalesse left the company last year after the incident took place.
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Man pretends car was stolen after he's involved in collision
- LIVE: Wandsworth GCSE results day 2014
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
- Unconscious Earlsfield woman and her dog rescued by fire fighters this morning
Comments are closed on this article.